Natural Gas Benefits
Natural gas is key for lower energy bills. It also unlocks a higher level of value and performance that can be seen everywhere from increased comfort to a smaller carbon footprint.
• Homes with natural gas save around 25% on their monthly energy costs (For commercial customers, the savings are even more substantial)
• Natural gas tankless water heaters provide up to 50% in water heating energy savings alone
• Natural gas provides additional long-term benefits such as increased re-sale value, longer appliance lifespans and reduced maintenance costs
• Appliance rebates help homes and businesses kick-start the savings even sooner
• Natural gas is the cleanest burning fossil fuel and can cut a home’s carbon footprint by nearly half
• While natural gas provides more than 90% usable energy upon delivery, non-gas only provides 27% of its original energy by the time it reaches the consumer
• Replacing a traditional non-gas water heater with a natural gas tankless can reduce 3,000 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere every year
• Natural gas is delivered via underground pipeline, providing nearly 100% reliable service
• Homes and businesses with natural gas can continue to use hot water, cook, and maintain other basic comforts/operations—even when the power goes out
• Over 97% of the natural gas used in the U.S. comes from North America, which helps keep energy dollars home and contributes to a secure, independent energy future
Superior Performance & Comfort
• Natural gas provides more everyday advantages, including endless hot water, more efficient space heating, gourmet-quality cooking precision, and faster drying laundry
• Natural gas appliances are more energy-efficient and cost less to operate than their non-gas counterparts
• More than 70% of homebuyers prefer natural gas appliances, largely because of their superior quality and appearance, on top of more extensive features and capabilities
Ready to Make the Switch?
Contact Palatka Gas Authority to learn about starting new natural gas service.